Thursday 15 November 2012

Star Wars

      Following closely on the heels of my oldest daughter's birthday in early October is always my son's birthday, which means I'm always working with a pretty tight budget.

    On his 6th birthday my son chose a Star Wars theme for this party (what boy doesn't love Star Wars?) and because of how long the movies have been around there are a plethora of fun items that you can find both online and in stores to accessorize your party with.  However, these items quickly add up which was not helpful to my tight budget so I tried not to go too crazy with themed decorations. I made a few items like the cupcake picks and invitations myself using Star Wars graphics I found online and printed out.
    Little bit of cardstock and glue and voila!  A Star Wars party on a budget!








These were lots of fun to make and a big hit with the kids.  They're made up a jumbo marshmallow stuffed in a mini ice cream cone, then covered in melting chocolate and sprinkles.  Pretty easy to do (once I got the hang of melting the chocolate). I packaged them in individual cello bags and the kids loved them!






 I kept the invitations fairly simple, just downloading a graphic of Yoda from the internet but they were fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment